Mickschl Family

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Victory 5K

5K
I participated in my first 5K on November 7th, 2009 in Lexington Kentucky. It was called the Victory 5K. I finished in 98th place at 44 minutes and 27 seconds. Not bad for my first time out of the starting gate. I started my run with Jennifer and started running too quicky finishing the first mile. It turned out to be all uphill from there. We met Angie walking during our second mile and joined up with her. Evelyn was a willng participant in the 3rd and finale mile of the race. It was so wonderful to finish, to have a number at the end. I will be continuing my trek to one day completely run a 5K and then I may move onto longer distances. This is just the beginning...


My friends Angie and Jennifer

and the horn blows
I'm off
I can see the finish line
Woo Hoo!

Official Results

No comments: